Below are session recordings, PowerPoint presentations and handouts from Day 3 of Reynolds Business Journalism Week 2012, which consists of concurrent four-day seminars: one for business journalists called Strictly Financials, and one for professors on how to teach business journalism.
Getting LinkedIn: Exploring LinkedIn for Business Journalists
Robin J. Phillips presents “Getting LinkedIn: Exploring LinkedIn for Business Journalists” to both groups of fellows. Phillips shows examples of how LinkedIn serves as both a social and career tool that is filled with useful data for business journalists.
The business journalism professors studied financial statements and common-size analysis with Jimmy Gentry of the University of Kansas.
- Financial Statements I
- Financial Statements I and Securities and Exchange Commission Filings
- Financial Statements II
- Financial Statements II and Tools for Analysis: Common-size Analysis
The Strictly Financials Seminar fellows, who are professional journalists, studied financial statements and investments with Gary Trennepohl of Oklahoma State University-Tulsa.
- Decoding Financial Statements
- Decoding Financial Statements (continued)
- Investing in a Time of Uncertainty