Unlocking Financial Statements: Self-guided training (2012)by Reynolds Center May 11, 2012 0 comments
The free webinar, “Unlocking Financial Statements,” was originally held May 14-18, 2012.
Jimmy Gentry, award-winning professor at the University of Kansas, continues the popular, weeklong training with tips for analyzing corporate financial statements.
This free webinar was also offered in 2011 and 2010.
- Day One: Introduction to financial statements
- Day Two: The income statement
- Day Three: Balance sheets
- Day Four: Cash flows
- Day Five: Writing stories based on what you’ve learned
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to read and interpret income statements
- How to read and interpret balance sheets
- How to read and interpret cash-flow statements
- How to find stories in financial statements
This seminar will be led by James Gentry, a professor and former dean at the School of Journalism and Mass Communications at the University of Kansas. He has presented workshops on understanding the numbers of business to thousands of journalists and corporate communicators.
Prior to joining KU, he was journalism dean at University of Nevada, Reno, and associate professor at the Missouri School of Journalism.
Take a look through the resources below. At your own pace, you can walk through the self-guided lesson on finding stories in financial statements.