If your training budget’s been squeezed, the Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism can help with free training in business journalism. Check our six-month schedule of training, taught by award-winning journalists and professors.
We also offer training in how to track companies’ influence on politics at the SPJ/RTDNA Excellence in Journalism Conference in Fort Lauderdale and in how to be an entrepreneur and cover the economy better at the UNITY Convention in Las Vegas.
In addition, we have a free, live webinar on telling great stories with Diana B. Henriques, longtime New York Times writer and best-selling author. Other free webinars will help you delve into SEC filings and find economic stories in Bureau of Labor Statistics and Census data.
And we offer all-expenses-paid, intensive training in financials in Phoenix.
REYNOLDS CENTER’S FALL TRAINING SCHEDULE
Learn in just one hour a day with these free webinars:
- Finding Local Jobs Stories in BLS Data, July 10.
- Telling Great Stories, Aug. 13
- Finding Local Economic Stories in Census Data, Aug. 28.
- SEC Filings Master Class, Nov. 13-15.
- Investigating Public Pensions, Dec. 4.
And don’t miss these workshops:
- The Business of Me and Occupy UNITY: Covering the Economy Better, UNITY, Las Vegas, Aug. 1. Conference registration required.
- Tracking Companies’ Influence on Politics: Ft. Lauderdale, Sept. 20. $25 fee.
- Dig Deeper: Ratios and Red Flags in Financial Statements, New York, Sept. 27. Free.
- Be a Better Business Watchdog – CAR for Business Journalists: Missoula, Mont., Oct. 6. Free.
- Business Journalism Boot Camp: Portland, Ore., Oct. 13. Free.
- The Economics of Every Story: JAWS, Albuquerque, N.M., Oct. 26. Conference registration required.
Apply today for all-expenses-paid financial training:
- Strictly Financials Seminar: Phoenix, Jan. 2-5. Deadline: Nov. 1.