IRE’s highly rated Watchdog Workshop, held in New York City at the end of this month, will have a particularly interesting focus for business journalists.
2014 New York Watchdog Workshop will include an expanded program that will include two extra tracks focused on financial and data journalism.
WHEN & WHERE
Friday, Jan. 24, 2014 – Saturday, Jan. 25, 2014
CUNY Graduate School of Journalism
219 West 40th Street, Fourth Floor
New York, New York 10018
REGISTRATION for IRE members closes on Friday, Jan. 17.
Just some of the interesting sessions on the business beat include:
- Breaking investigations on the business beat Speakers: Lisa Abramowicz, Selam Gebrekidan, Michelle Conlin
- Mining business data Speakers: Thomas Dail, Philip Kuntz, Robert Gebeloff
- Digging into hedge funds Speakers: Anupreeta Das, Michael Rothfeld
- The business beat: The big picture Speakers: David Cay Johnston, Christine Harper
- Diving deep into corporations Speaker: Jeffrey Pohlman
And those are among all the other great detailed sessions about investigative techniques.