We’re so happy to welcome this year’s 2015 Reynolds Week Fellows to Arizona State University in Phoenix. Over the next three days, these journalists and professors will receive in-depth seminars on a wide variety of topics, ranging from financial statements to data visualization, CEO compensation to the skills editors are seeking from students.
The Reynolds Week fellows join the 2015 Scripps-Howard Entrepreneurship Institute Fellows, also meeting this week at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication, for two keynote addresses. Monday’s lunchtime keynote speaker is Chiqui Cartagena, vice president of marketing for Univision and the foremost expert on trends concerning Latinos. Every fellow gets an autographed copy of her book, Latino Boom II.
Later Monday, the Reynolds and Scripps-Howard fellows will hear from Elisa Camahort Page, co-founder of BlogHer.
Follow #MoneyNerds on Twitter for updates from Reynolds Week programs. Think about applying in 2016, and we’re also looking for applicants for the final Reynolds Visiting Professor position.
Here is this year’s group of Reynolds Fellows.
- Lauren Abdel-Razzaq, The Detroit News
- Ben Bergman, Southern California Public Radio, Pasadena, Calif.
- Nirmala Bhat, U-T San Diego
- James Briggs, Baltimore Business Journal
- Nicole Collins, Business Journal News Network, Syracuse, N.Y.
- Molly Dill, BizTimes Media, Milwaukee
- Terri Langford, The Texas Tribune, Austin, Texas
- Celeste LeCompte, Nieman Foundation/Reynolds Fellow, Cambridge, Mass.
- Issa Mansaray, The Africa Paper, Brooklyn Center, Minn.
- Lourdes Medrano, freelance, Tucson, Ariz.
- Erin Negley, Reading Eagle, Reading, Pa.
- Lauren Ohnesorge, Triangle Business Journal, Raleigh, N.C.
- Sarah Scully, Houston Chronicle
- Yvonne Villarreal, Los Angeles Times
- Andrea Vittorio, Bloomberg BNA, Arlington, Va.
Business Journalism Professors
- Andrew Cassel, Reynolds Visiting Professor, Penn State University, State College, Pa.
- Michael Giusti, Loyola University of New Orleans
- Paul Glader, The King’s College, New York
- Gary Guffey, Johnson C. Smith University, Charlotte, N.C.
- Thomas Hrach, University of Memphis, Tennessee
- Jay Seidel, Fullerton College, Fullerton, Calif.
- James Tennant, Mount Royal University, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Venise Wagner, San Francisco State University
- Janine Weisman, Roger Williams University, Bristol, R.I.