New to podcasting? Learn the basics of capturing and editing audio.
Podcasting is all about the story – and it’s all about the audio. This webinar will walk you through various microphone setups to teach you the basics of how recording equipment works. You’ll hear demonstrations of different audio setups and learn how your equipment and recording space can affect the quality of your audio. We’ll also walk you through the basics of capturing audio using various software and show you the basics of audio editing. Headphones are recommended for this session.
What you’ll learn from this training:
- How to pick audio equipment and prepare your recording environment
- How to capture high-quality audio with minimal equipment investment
- How to use easy software options to record audio
- How to expediently edit audio into a full podcast
- Pro check: How to assess the finished product for quality, etc.
Who should take this training:
- Journalists wanting to add a podcast for their audience
- Bloggers and content marketers wanting to break into podcasting
- Business owners wishing to use podcasting to market their business
Date and Time: Aug. 31, 2016 at 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
Note: If you can’t attend the live session, you can still register and see the archived video and ask questions of the instructor. Free registration for BigMarker is required.
About the Instructor:
Megan Calcote manages social media for the Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University. In addition to social media, Calcote also is the executive producer for the Reynolds Center’s podcast, “How to Cover Money,” and for the podcast “Educating Geeks,” which reaches 7,000 listeners annually.