This episode explores a common newsroom problem: story ideas. Here are some questions you can ask your class.
- How have you come up with some story ideas? Are there some tips you can share with the class?
- Let’s talk about the way you think an interview should go. Is it better to stick to the questions you wrote in advance? Or, should you abandon them when a better idea comes up?
- According to the podcast, sometimes, the end of one story is the beginning of the next one. Have you ever gotten a new story out of your old story?
- We know that lists are great ways to find story ideas. What are some places you’ve found lists? What are some other suggestions for finding lists?
- How often do you talk to new people for stories, or do you find yourself talking to the same people all the time?
- Let’s share some of our own tips for coming up with story ideas.