This episode looks at how to ask questions. It’s an art form, and it takes a while to learn.
Here are some topics that teachers and professors can discuss with their students.
- How much research do you do, before you go out on an assignment? Share some of your research tips.
- Have you been in a situation where you didn’t understand what the interview subject was talking about? How did you deal with it?
- Be honest: have you ever tried to wing it? What happened when you didn’t do your homework?
- Was there a situation when you got something wrong during the interview? What happened? How did you react?
- There are some tips in this podcast about working with PR people. How responsive have you found PR representatives to be? Do you face any problems in getting your calls returned?
- What do you do about double-checking information you’ve gotten from a PR person? Has there been an instance where they gave you something that wasn’t correct?
- Share some ideas with us about getting over shyness in asking questions. What makes you feel comfortable saying, “I just don’t get it?”