Episode 7 looks at a nerve-wracking subject for many young journalists: interviewing big name business leaders. The episode offers some advice on how to plot interview strategy. Here are some questions you can ask your students as part of a discussion.
- Have you ever found yourself intimidated by a CEO or a famous corporate executive?
- Did your feelings get in the way of doing a good interview? Or were you able to overcome them?
- What tips do you have for members of the class when they have to interview CEOs or famous people?
- Tell us your ideas for keeping control of an interview when it’s clear the person is “on message” and trying to avoid giving you something new.
- Was there a situation where you were able to get a scoop or something new from a famous person?
- Who do you think has the upper hand in interviews, the journalist or the interview subject?