Episode 8 looks at a subject that is likely to come up with young journalists: interviewing the owners of small businesses. Here are some questions you can ask your students as part of a discussion.
- Where are some places you can find information about small business owners?
- How do you come up with new questions to ask someone who’s frequently been interviewed?
- What’s a good approach when your interview subject has never talked to the media before?
- The owner might be expecting a positive story. What do you say before your piece airs or is posted?
- Do any of you come from families that own businesses? What tips would you share?