The Reynolds Center podcast, How To Cover Money, is in its first season on iTunes.
Each week, co-host Mark Remillard and I look at topics that are useful in learning to think like a business reporter, even if you’re not one. A new podcast episode is uploaded to iTunes every weekend.
Our podcast is free, and you can download it here or listen below. Each podcast runs about 10-15 minutes, making it a quick feature that you can play in class or assign as homework.
Series 1, Episode 1 provides an overview of the topics that will be discussed throughout Series 1, and they’re also topics you might consider for your own lectures.
Here are some questions you can pose to your class:
- Do you ever find yourself intimidated by statistics?
- What are some ways you’ve taught yourself to overcome being overwhelmed?
- Do you speak any languages besides English? What do you think of the idea of money as a secret language?
- When you’re writing a story, which person are you thinking about? Or if you haven’t written any stories yet, who will you be thinking about?
- Have you ever sat down to do a story where you didn’t understand what you were writing about? How did you get out of the situation?
- Have you ever been in a position where you weren’t prepared to do an interview? How did you deal with it?
Want the best tips and story ideas from the Reynolds Center in your mailbox every month? Sign up for our monthly newsletter!